Sunday, March 20, 2011

Good Times

So my last doctor's apppointment they informed me I was already at 3cm and 75% effaced. For those who have no clue what that is... it basically means I'm getting close to the whole labor thing. I was pretty excited because I expected to hear that nothing was happening. BUT, I also know I could stay like this for the next couple weeks. I think working really helps though... being on your feet for 12 hours will do that! My mom & I were joking around that I should buy a mini trampoline and just bounce around until she pops out haha. In other news, I had the opportunity to catch up with some old friends. My mom & I had dinner with my 5th grade teacher Ms. G and our good friend Kaylani. Now, some people might think it's weird to go to dinner with their 5th grade teacher (maybe it's because I'm small town) but not only was she my best teacher ever, my mom did her student teaching with Ms. G and she pretty much watched me grow up. While my mom did her student teaching, Kaylani was a teacher's aide for Ms. G so she became good friends with us too.

My mom, Ms. G, & Kaylani
Kaylani, Ms. G, myself

We had the best time and laughed all night. We talked a lot about the world today and how things have changed. This woman is seriously amazing. I remember she would run 5 miles every day rain or shine. If she didn't run, the next time was 10 miles to make up for it. The crazy thing is? She still runs!! I can't even walk up stairs without getting winded (pregnant or not!). Well folks, I'm down to 2 weeks! I really don't mind if this baby comes early... I'll keep you posted if she does!

2 comments:

Bonnie and Kirk said...

Good luck!! We'll be waiting to hear that she's here!!

chloƩ said...

i wanted to thank you for your sweet comment today. i know it wasn't a long comment or anything like that and it probably didn't seem like a big deal to you, but i have been struggling a lot lately, and for some reason it came at the right time and was exactly what i needed to hear..so thank you. it meant a lot to me! you are a great friend..even if we have never met i consider you one :)

i can't believe baby adelaide is going to be here so soon! i love that name by the way :) i am so excited for you guys! you will be the greatest parents! keep us posted!