Monday, March 16, 2009

A Year Already?!

On March 7th, Brock & I celebrated our ONE year anniversary!! Woo hoo!! We weren't really sure what to do to celebrate so Brock came up with the idea to go to Kartchner Caverns in Benson, Az which is right by Tucson. I loved the idea, so we used our Harley rental we got as a wedding gift and took off! We had a blast and it was really cool to see the caverns. The weather was perfect until we realized we didn't bring jackets. Our tour started at 8:15 am and we had to be there an hour early. We didn't know how long it would take us to get to the caverns so we left at 6:30 am. We froze our buns off! It was SO cold! But it was definitely memorable. When we got back into town we invited family to go to Texas Roadhouse for some good grub. Little did I know, Brock had told our waitress about it being our anniversary so they brought out the saddle and had us both hop on as they proceeded to YELL to the entire store it was our anniversary and they had everyone give us a big yee-haw! I was very embarassed but it was fun. Also, Brock took me coyote hunting! That was really fun too. We got up really early and drove out past Florence. We heard them howling as we were getting out of the truck but we never saw any. So, that was our exciting anniversary... We're fat and happy and I couldn't have married a better person.

We couldn't take our camera inside the caves so this is all we have

We're cheesy

I can't decide who's more sexy...Brock or the bike
Denny's for dinner
Oh yeah...
Scratching his head
I look like a cancer patient
Get it? One finger for one year!
Us on the saddle... you can tell the guy behind us really cares
Us trying to get off the saddle...very interesting
Mom & JD
Michael & Calli
Shalene & Jim
The group
Brock in his camo
Some of our view
Another nature shot
Another shot of my man

5 comments:

Bonnie and Kirk said...

Congrats on the year...it only gets better. As you become better friends and try even harder to live the gospel...marriage becomes the greatest joy of your life. I only speak from experience. I miss everyone, but as long as I'm with Bonnie my life couldn't be more perfect...

Teresa :) said...

Jess!!!!!! Ahhh why did I not know about this blog of yours before now? I am so excited that you said hi. Jayda so loves you too and I know she misses you guys. You look like you are doing great, did you get finished with nursing school yet? I am so behind, I should be checking up on you with Derek more but now I can just see for myself! :) Well if you are ever up visiting let me know, you are always welcome to come see Jayda! Take care.
Teresa :)

Becca said...

Happy one year!! I agree it only gets better. We will be married five years in july. it goes so fast. Enjoy your time together before those little ones get here.;)

youre a brave women to ride on the back of a harley. Those things scare me.

Jeremy,Jennie said...

Congrats Jes!! That is awesome, you seem so happy, I'm so glad for you!! It loks like you guys had a blast, time just passes way too fast doesn't it?!

melissa hogle said...

One year! You guys are the cutest ever!