Thursday, January 27, 2011

Joys of Pregnancy & the Suns

I know this post is probably going to sound like I'm complaining & I guess in a way I am... but I'm pregnant I can do stuff like that. Besides, all you mother's out there can relate to what I call the "Joys of Pregnancy". One day at work I noticed my feet hurt more than usual and were almost tingling. So I pull up my scrub pants and see this:

Cankles!!!
This may not be a big deal to some people but I have never had cankles and I'm not going to lie... I kinda wanted to cry. I know it's because I'm on my feet for 12+ hours and I'm pregnant but wow... it was kinda traumatizing. I went and bought me some compression stockings and we've been good ever since.

This is my cute niece Molly. I probably slacked about her being born back in September but here she is modeling a headband I bought the other day. Isn't she so cute?! I love this girl (and her big brother). Let's be honest, my sister-in-law Shalene makes some pretty cute kids. I know the flower is bigger than her head & I honestly used to make fun of people who put these on their kids but it was so cute I couldn't pass it up. Plus, Molly thinks it's pretty funny!

Last night, Brock & I had the chance to see the Suns play against the Bobcats. We had seats thanks to a friend's dad who has season tickets. We were in the 3rd row and as you can tell from the pictures, somewhat behind the hoop. Can I just say that these guys are huge? I always knew they were tall but it's totally different when you see them up close. We had a really good time even though we totally lost. It was actually my first Suns game! We rode the lightrail which was also a first for me.


There's Steve Nash! He kept messing with his hair the entire game... I think it's time for a haircut.
All these guys are security. For some reason during a timeout they felt the need to have them surround the announcer's booth. Ok, now I have to brag a little bit. I'm a pretty spoiled person if you ask me. I have been wanting a big freezer for awhile but I never really remember saying anything to Brock. Well, he must read minds because I came home to this:

A totally retro freezer that is so huge I could probably fit in there & still have room!
The pictures don't show how big it really is but I thought Brock was totally sweet for getting me one! I totally love it.
On top of the freezer, my awesome dad did some work on our house. He put in a water softener and a new kitchen faucet. I love my new faucet and the fact that I have soft water. Brock & my dad both worked super hard to get the softener installed. I have some pretty amazing men in my life!
Here is a clip from the Suns game. I know it's not the actual game but this was one of the best parts of the night! Pay close attention to the first guy.

No comments: