Sunday, March 18, 2012

Call Me Betty



I know this may come as a bit of a shocker, but I've been cooking. For like 2 weeks straight. Impressive, right?! You should be because if you know me, I don't like to cook. I CAN cook, I just don't like to. I've been trying a bunch of different recipes and was especially excited to try "freezer meals" that I got from Pinterest. So, below are some of my adventures in cooking.
Sweet potato black bean enchiladas (bueno!)
Grilled pesto pizza (we used the oven so don't know if you can call it grilled)
Homemade salt & cracked pepper potato chips
First attempt at the potato chips didn't go so well
Broccoli cheddar chicken braid
This recipe was called Healthy BBQ Chicken but it has ZERO BBQ and tasted like sweet & sour chicken (freezer meal that was sadly quite bland)
Turkey Lettuce Wrap with Tomato-Avocado salsa
Out of all the meals I've made we've only like a couple of them. The lettuce wraps, the pizza, and the enchiladas were the better ones. I was dissapointed to find the "freezer meals" were VERY bland. I love the idea of making the meals at once and then freezing them for later. I especially love that I get two meals (probably more since there is only two of us) out of them. I've decided to keep making the "freezer meals" but put my own twist on the recipe. Brock is LOVING the fact that we have dinner pretty much every night. Every time he says the blessing on the food there is always the phrase "bless Jesica's hands that they will not be weary". He's afraid I'm going to get sick of cooking and all happiness will end. Otherwise, life is good! Addie is walking really well and is into EVERYTHING. I can't believe how fast she's grown! She is still my happy sweet baby girl and she makes us laugh all the time!

3 comments:

chloƩ said...

you are amazing! if i showed sean this he would probably make me step it up! haha. all that food looks really yummy though! wanna come cook for us?? p.s. addie is soooooo cute!

Candice and Steve said...

Wow Jesica - I am impressed!! I cannot stand it that I am not around you guys. And Addie's walking! Dang! We're missing it. Keep up the adventure in cooking. Soon you'll be able to make you own cookbook collection of your favorite recipes. Love you guys!

Candice and Steve said...

Hey - did you see I actually did two posts today? Check out the older post with Sweetheart Dinner and our Tombstone & Disney pics.