Sunday, January 24, 2010

Blah

Today I'm feeling blah. Anyone else have days like this? There is no other way to describe it other than blah. I can tell that besides not feeling the greatest, it's getting close to that time of the month because me & everything else is just blah (besides the fact that everything makes me irritable... my poor husband). I look at some of my friends like my gorgeous & hilarious friend Chloe and think... why can't I be her? Why can't I be more like her or like her?? WHY?! Then Brock says to me... Why can't you just be happy with who you are? Because I'm a girl & that's what we do. :)

Yesterday was another adventurous day at work. We had an Alzheimer's patient who was quite entertaining. If it wasn't against the law, I would have recorded him so you could get a taste of what I was able to experience. He was so cute (probably because he was nice and not yelling at the world I was trying to kill him). He was laying in his bed and all of the sudden he starts to squawk. That's the best way I can describe it other than it kinda sounded like a monkey. I think he heard us laughing at the nurse's station because he kept doing it. Then in a high pitched girly voice he says, "Nurse, help me nurse!" I just thought it was so funny. I ended up going into his room at one point and he looked at me & said, "I love you." So I said, "I love you too, darling." His eyes got SO big and he said, "You do?! How much?" I held up my arms really wide and said, "This much." He then says, "Wow, that's a lot. Come here and give me a kiss." I said, "How bout I blow you a kiss?" I blew him a kiss and he said, "More." So I blew another one. "More," he says. I blow another one. "More," he says again. I finally said, "Ok, knock it off!" He just laughed and started squawking again. I used to think it wouldn't be so bad having Alzheimer's because you're in your own little world. Now, after seeing patient's with it I don't want it ever. Most of the time Alzheimer's patients are scared to death because they don't know who they are or where they are at. Some co-workers & I were talking about when we get older and what we think we will be like if we become confused. It was decided one would be a bed wetter, the other would be a poo flinger, and the another would be a dirty old man. I thought it was funny. Twisted... but funny.

Update on Brock.... he gets his stitches out this Tuesday (yay!) and we start physical therapy right away. He gets better & better everyday. I'm still doing a lot of things for him but he can feed himself and actually pee by himself depending on what he's wearing. My baby is growing up so fast!! Haha just kidding. Anyways, that's it for now. Hope everyone else has a non-blah day!!!

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

hey Jesica! i am so sorry that it has been a blah day for you! i totally have those days all the time. and the only way to describe them is blah. that is one of my favorite words to use. actually, it kind of sucks having to use it, but i think it describes the mood perfectly. thank you for those sweet things that you said about me! but i hope you realize that you are just as gorgeous and amazing, and i wish that i could be more like you! reading your stories about your patients, and how much they love you, really makes me want to switch my career. i thought it was ironic because as i was reading your post, i was watching the notebook ( again, it's on TV, and like i always say, i can't not watch it when it is on), and it reminded me of you! seriously, i think that what you do is amazing. a lot of people are not cut out for that type of job. i think it takes and incredibly strong, kind, giving person, to be able to work with patients that are suffering like that. you are amazing!

Also, it amazes me how you are taking care of your husband! you are such a great wife. he is really lucky! i hope that your blah-day turns into a good night :) remember you are beautiful and amazing, and i love reading your blog and am glad that we are friends :) even if we have never met? i still think you are awesome! love ya!

Darren, Felicia, Judd, & Jake said...

Jes...
Wow! You've had quite the couple of weeks haven't ya? I'm so sorry to hear about Brock. Glad he is alive...how scary for you to get that phone call...I would be freaking out. Good thing you are such a good nurse!!! I love your new pics. You're gorgeous! Hang in there and hope you have a great week!

Jamey and Mike said...

That is so exciting. Hey my phone is disconnected so if you want to carpool e-mail me the next day I work is Tuesday and then I think Thursday and Friday. Hopefully I'll have phone by then and I'll send you my number